OC employee of the year always learning Pinterest WhatsApp Pinterest Local News Spring Choir Concert By admin – May 8, 2018 Previous articleDeputies respond to possible drowningNext articleConcert to benefit H.O.T. admin RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR 2021 SCHOOL HONORS: Permian High School Facebook WhatsApp Home Local News Spring Choir Concert Facebook Odessa CollegeOdessa College Choir has scheduled a spring concert at 7:30 p.m. today at the Jack Rodgers Fine Arts Auditorium.The Permian Basin String Quartet in Morten Lauridsen’s “Lus Aeterna” will also be featured.Admission is free and open to the public. Twitter ECISD undergoing ‘equity audit’ Twitter Virgin Coco MojitoTexas Fried ChickenSmoked Bacon Wrapped French Vidalia OnionPowered By 10 Sec Mama’s Deviled Eggs NextStay
For all the Latest Sports News News, Football News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: The Hero I-League won the silver medal in the SPIA Awards in the “Best Developing Football League of the Year” category nominated by the Asian Football Confederation in Bangkok on Tuesday.The Hero I-League is the premier league in the country and the ongoing edition is being played among 11 Clubs, the champions of whom get a slot for the AFC Champions League qualifier.All India Football Federation President Praful Patel congratulated all the stakeholders and the clubs on winning the award.Also Read | MC Mary Kom assures India medal in AIBA World Boxing Championship“I need to thank the Asian Football Confederation for nominating us and SPIA Awards for the recognition. My heartiest congratulations to all the stakeholders, especially the clubs who have been an integral part of the League. I would also like to congratulate the AIFF and the I-League department for their hard work,” Patel said in a statement.Kushal Das, General Secretary, AIFF pointed out that it is a “wonderful moment for Indian football”.“This recognition comes two years after AIFF had won the award for the AFC Developing Member Association of the Year Award in 2016. It is so satisfying to see that AIFF’s initiative for developing Hero I-League pan India and introducing the Club Licensing criteria has earned Indian Football this award,” he said.Read More | Virat Kohli’s India start as overwhelming favourites against depleted Australia“I would like to congratulate everyone who has been part of the League FSDL, the clubs, Hero, the fans, all other stakeholders and my colleagues in AIFF without whose support this wouldn’t have been possible,” he added.The AIFF had earlier won the AFC Developing Member Association of the Year Award in 2016, and the AFC President Recognition Award for Grassroots Football in 2014.In addition, the AIFF was also nominated in the top-three for the AFC Grassroots MA of the Year Award in 2013.
By UPL co ugOnduparaka and Kirinya Jinja SS have earned direct tickets to the Azam Uganda Premier League (AUPL) thanks to victories on the final day of the FUFA Big League.The Caterpillars, as Onduparaka is famously known, beat second placed Sporting United 3-0 at Green Light Stadium, Arua to cement top spot in Elgon group as they finish on 53 points, six more than their day’s opponents. READ FULL STORY (click here)Share on: WhatsApp
Facebook33Tweet0Pin0Submitted by Thurston County ChamberThe Thurston County Chamber is proud to announce the ninth annual Boss of the Year honorees. Co-sponsored by Express Employment Professionals, this award recognizes outstanding individuals who demonstrate exceptional leadership in the workplace through innovation, communication, vision, and performance.2018 Boss of the Year Recipients:Kevin Stormans, Stormans Inc.Joseph Wadsworth, Custom Source WoodworkingAngela White, Olympia Master BuildersZach Kosturos, Prime Locations2018 Honorable Mentions:Lowell Gordon, The Creative OfficeJill Barnes, The Washington CenterEmployees nominated over 40 bosses for the 2018 Boss of the Year recognition.Saint Martin’s University business students played an important role in the selection process by interviewing finalists and gathering data for the selection committee. “This is a wonderful opportunity for our students to meet with exceptional business leaders in the community and to also learn more about what truly defines leadership in the workplace,” says Elisabeth Power, Ph.D., MBA. Students in Dr. Power’s Management of the Sales Force class helped interview nominees for the Thurston Boss of the Year award.Past honorees include:Heather Burgess, Phillips Burgess LawJim Larson, MorningsideDave Nickerson, Tumwater Valley Golf CourseKevin Johnston, Capital MallRozanne Garman, RHD EnterprisesEd Galligan, Port of OlympiaRon Bruchet, GHB InsuranceMelissa Jenkins, The OlympianMeagan Darrow, TOGETHER!Steve Hall, the City of OlympiaDr. Yong Liu, State Department of AgricultureRae-Lynn Bidon, Olympia Orthopaedic AssociatesJoseph Di Santo, PanoramaHeidi West, America’s Credit UnionDr. Terrence Hess, Foot & Ankle Surgical AssociatesSteve Brooks, Lacey Fire District 3Jessica Jensen, Jessica Jensen Law PSJoe Ingoglia, Boys & Girls Club of Thurston CountyMariella Cummings, Physicians of Southwest WashingtonRobert Coit, Thurston County Food BankMike Harbour, Intercity TransitMike Strub, LOTT Clean Water AllianceBruce Cramer, O Bee Credit UnionJohn Setterstrom, Lucky Eagle CasinoThe recognition event will take place on Wednesday, December 12 at the Hotel RL Olympia beginning at 11:30 a.m. with a lunch buffet and recognition program starting at 12 p.m. To make a reservation to attend, register online at www.thurstonchamber.com.When: Wednesday, December 12 at 11:30 a.m.- 1 p.m.Where: Hotel RL Olympia-Downstairs Ballroom- 2300 Evergreen Park Dr SW, Olympia, WA 98502What: Forum includes lunch, and the cost is $35 for general admission, $25 for prepaid Chamber members, and $30 for members or $35 for non-members at the door.Thank you to our sponsors, TAGS Awards & Specialties, Bakala State Farm and Olympia CPA.Featured photo credit: Dr Attila Talaber
By The Nelson Daily SportsFred Thomson has spent many a bonspiel during his curling career playing second fiddle to Fruitvale’s Paul Devlin.Sunday at the Nelson Curling Club Thomson found what it was like to end up in the winner’s circle.Thomson, third Marlo Tedesco, second Jamie Tedesco and lead Gioconda Maida defeated Team Devlin to win the A event at the annual Valentine’s Mixed Bonspiel at the Nelson Curling Club.The Thomson rink won the Thorman Drilling A event title for the third consecutive year. The Devlin rink included Marnie Devlin at third, second J.P. Lowen and Paula Adkin at lead.In the Sears Nelson B event, Doug Bothalmey of Riondel knocked off Barry Marsh, who just happens to own the Sears store, to capture the title.Bothalmey’s rink includes third Susan Hicks, second Pete Hicks and lead Linda Hicks. The Marsh rink included third Sherry McIvor, second Carl MacKenzie and lead Audrey MacKenzie.The Murrey Lewis rink of Nelson won the Kootenay Glass and Mirror C event title over Cranbrook’s Paul Wittingham.The C event winners included Lewis at skip, Lori Lewis at third, Bob Fortin at second and Maureen Grainger at lead. The Cranbrook rink has Paul Wittingham at skip, Allie Wittingham at third, Trevor Amy at second and Tracy Amy at lead.In the D event, the Al May rink of Nelson outlasted the Nando Salviulo rink, also of the Heritage City, to win the Nelson Home Building Centre trophy.May, third Kelli May, second Grant McKen and lead Heather McKen, outlasted the Rob Richardson rink in the semi final to advance against Salviulo.The Salviulo includes third Deanna Cowenden at third, Dave Hargraves at second and Margaret Hodges at [email protected]
The dream run of Molynes United ‘A’ in the JN Open League Sunshine netball competition continued on Thursday inside the National Indoor Sports Centre, as for the second time in two days they got the better of a Mico team.After eliminating defending champions Mico ‘B’ in the quarter-finals on Tuesday, Molynes United upstaged Mico ‘A’ 20-18 on Thursday to advance to today’s final, which will be played at 6 p.m.Their opponents will be UWI Pelicans, who had an impressive 36-25 win over Waulgrovians ‘A’ in their semi-final.Mico ‘A’, the best attacking and defensive team in the competition, were without the services of ace goal shooter, Jhaniele Fowler-Reid. Even then, they were expected to win.However, Molynes jumped into a quick 3-0 lead and led 5-4 at the break. Both teams had a battle royal up to the half-time as they went into the break even at 9-9.For the next two quarters it was anybody’s game. Mico shooters, led by goal shooter Tanielle Roberts and goal attack Stephanie Anderson, found it very difficult to score, while Molynes shooters Shantal Slater and Kara Christie were finding it easier to make their shots.”We are very elated; we worked hard, we trained hard and we executed well,” said Molynes captain Stacy Mullings.”We stuck to our game plan and it worked. After beating Mico ‘B’ we knew it was going to be a tough challenge as Mico ‘A’ is a good team, but we just remained disciplined and listened to our coach,” added Mullings.Slater scored 11 from 12 attempts, while Christie had nine from 10. For Mico ‘A’, Roberts had 16 from 24 tries.In the earlier game, it was smooth sailing for the Conrad Parkes-coached UWI Pelicans after a competitive first quarter, where UWI led 9-8.However, it was all UWI Pelicans from there as they led 20 -14 and 27-20 at the end of the second and third quarters.Goal shooter Thristina Harwood top scored for the winners with 29 goals from 33 tries, while goal attack Rebecca Robinson scored eight from 10. For Wualgrovians ‘A’, former UWI player, Ladonna Lamonth, had 20 goals from 25 attempts.Meanwhile, Speg ‘A’ and UTech Knights will meet in the Open B League final at 5 p.m., after both teams won their semi-finals on Thursday. Speg ‘A’ defeated Molynes United ‘B’ 37-26, while UTech Knights stopped Tivoli Gardens 37-22.
OTTAWA – Vice-Admiral Mark Norman says he’s eager to deal with the criminal charge he faces and return to serving Canadians.Wearing his full navy uniform, Norman made a brief court appearance Tuesday concerning an accusation he leaked sensitive information about a shipbuilding project.Norman was charged last month with breach of trust and denies any wrongdoing. He is slated to return to Ontario court May 15 to begin setting a timetable for proceedings.“I’m anxious to get to court, get this dealt with as quickly as possible and get back to serving the people of Canada,” he said following the appearance.Norman, who was the military’s second-in-command until suspended from duty early last year, faces up to five years in prison.The case revolves around a November 2015 decision by the newly elected Liberal government to reconsider a $700-million contract the Harper Conservatives had awarded to Quebec-based Davie Shipbuilding.Davie was hired to convert a civilian vessel, the MV Asterix, into a temporary resupply ship that would be leased until a permanent replacement was ready.While the plan to revisit the contract was supposed to remain secret, court documents show the RCMP suspected Norman of being upset with the decision out of concern the government would cancel the project.Norman was commander of the navy at the time and, according to the documents, allegedly worked with Davie to pressure the government to keep the project afloat.None of the accusations has been tested in court.Norman’s lawyer, Marie Henein, told the court Tuesday that disclosure of materials from the Crown to the defence is “substantially complete.”The criminal investigation began in December 2015 when the RCMP received a complaint alleging that cabinet secrets had been disclosed.The Mounties gathered evidence through court-approved warrants and a legal assistance treaty request involving U.S. authorities. The investigation also included interviews and the forensic analysis of “a significant number” of documents, the RCMP says.Henein expressed impatience Tuesday with the length of the process.“I’m tired of shadow-boxing. It’s time to step in the courtroom and deal with the evidence,” she told reporters after the hearing.“I don’t try my cases on the courthouse steps. I try them in a courtroom. And that is what we are ready to do. So we want to get this going, get this dealt with and let the public know exactly what this case is about.”Asked if her client was being treated as a scapegoat, Henein said: “I think that’s self-evident, isn’t it?”— Follow @JimBronskill on Twitter
Speaking on the Game 3 incident Thursday, Lowry said the investor had cursed at him “multiple times” as he shoved the guard. They added that Stevens would not attend any more finals games. A Golden State Warriors investor has been banned immediately after shoving and cursing at Toronto Raptors player Kyle Lowry during Game 3 of the NBA Finals Wednesday night. Later, Lowry added of his feelings during the incident, “I was furious, I’m not going to lie.” During the fourth quarter of the game, Lowry dove into the courtside seats as he tried to save a ball as it bounced out of bounds. Stevens shoved the star and was removed from the game thereafter. While he thanked the Warriors and the league for their statements, Lowry believes more should be done. “A team representative must be held to the highest possible standard, and the conduct of Golden State Warriors investor Mark Stevens last night was beyond unacceptable and has no place in our league,” the league said in a statement. “As the review of this matter continues, Mr. Stevens will not be permitted to attend NBA games.” The Warriors issued a statement that night. It said in part that the team is “extremely disappointed in his actions and, along with Mr. Stevens, offer our sincere apology to Kyle Lowry and the Toronto Raptors organization for this unfortunate misconduct.” He also confirmed Stevens told him to “go f— yourself” The NBA announced the news Thursday, June 6 that GSW executive Mark Stevens is barred for one season and has been fined $500,000 for the caught-on-camera incident. After his banning, Stevens issued a statement apologizing for his actions, noting he takes “full responsibility.” “There’s no room in our game for that,” Lowry told reporters. “I don’t think I could have handled it any better. … Things could have been a lot different if I reacted a different way … or put my hands on him … but the support I’ve gotten from fellow players, the league, is unbelievable.” Stevens’ ban carries through the 2019-2020 NBA season, including the postseason. “This is what happens when you’re sitting courtside,” he explained. “It’s a possibility a guy is trying to make a hustle play.” “He’s not a good look for the ownership group that they have,” he said. “A guy like that showing his true class … he shouldn’t be a part of our league. It’s just no place for that.” “[I] am embarrassed by what transpired,” he said. “What I did was wrong and there is no excuse for it. Mr. Lowry deserves better, and I have reached out today in an attempt to directly apologize to him and other members of the Raptors and Warriors organizations. I’m grateful to those who accepted my calls. “I hope that Mr. Lowry and others impacted by this lapse in judgement understand that the behavior I demonstrated last night does not reflect the person I am or have been throughout my life. I made a mistake and I’m truly sorry,” he added.
The English Premier League is currently in the edge of the relegation zone, but this week they play against two teams at the bottom of the table.With 25 points in 26 matches, Newcastle United is currently in the 16th position of the English Premier League table.The Magpies is dangerously close to the relegation zone, as they are just one point ahead of 18th-place Southampton.But this week is very important for them, as they will play against lower-table teams Huddersfield Town and Burnley.“It would be silly to think that we don’t care,” winger Matt Ritchie told The Chronicle.“Every player is playing for themselves, their futures, or whatever they have for themselves – but we also understand we are at a big football club in Newcastle United.”“We want success and success in different places is different. For us, to stay in the Premier League is a success,” he continued.“We need to keep working the way we have done. I said in an interview the other day that our performances levels have been high.”“We have managed to pick up some points but we need to continue that.”“We need more good performance levels. I am sure with that will come the points we required,” the midfielder continued.Liverpool legend Nicol slams Harry Maguire’s Man United form Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Steve Nicol believes Harry Maguire has made some “horrendous mistakes” recently, and has failed to find his best form since joining Manchester United.Newcastle’s next rivals Huddersfield are at the bottom of the relegation zone with 11 points.And Burnley is just two points ahead of the Magpies in the 15th position.“Every game is huge now, every week,” he said.“Where would we be without the win over Man City? The bottom three.”“That shows how tight it is and that every game is huge, whether they’re in the top two, top six or the bottom three – every game is huge,” he added.“We approach every game with the mentality we can get three points. If we don’t get three we want one.”🎥 Rafa Benítez spoke to NUFC TV after today’s 1-1 friendly draw against CSKA Moscow in Spain.Watch the full interview for free: https://t.co/yPEpAuCEXO #NUFC pic.twitter.com/UkpNceB32S— Newcastle United FC (@NUFC) February 16, 2019
New Mexico is suing the Air Force over contaminated water on and near Cannon and Holloman Air Force bases, the Air Force Times reported. “Today we begin holding them accountable,” New Mexico Environment Secretary James Kenney said when he announced the suit last week….Texas is making a play to get the Space Force headquarters in Houston, according to KTRK-TV. “I hope you will agree with me that the Space Command belongs in Space City,” Gov. Greg Abbott (R) wrote in a letter to President Trump….Port San Antonio is planning a public-private partnership to build a new innovation center and cybersecurity complex, Route Fifty reported. “The future belongs to innovators, and in an increasingly connected world, innovations are grounded in making essential physical and virtual connections,” Port President and CEO Jim Perschbach said in a press release.Texas Gov. Greg Abbott at Ellington Field Joint Reserve Base, Texas, in 2017. Texas Air National Guard photo by Photo by Master Sgt. Sean Cowher ADC AUTHOR